Holy Week at Home Suggestions and Resources
Bring Palm Sunday into your home by putting fresh greenery on your door!
- Stream Holy Thursday Mass
- Have a family feast to commemorate the Last Supper
- Consider washing a family member’s feet or hands
- Decorate your table for the feast - go all out its the Institution of the First Eucharis!
- After the meal - Strip your house of decorations, pictures, throw blankets, and pillows leaving your domestic church bare just as our churches are stripped for Good Friday
- Stream a Good Friday Service - www.archindy.org for services
- Take some time for silence Jesus was hanging on the cross until 3pm - honor this time
- Say a divine mercy chaplet at 3pm - the hour of mercy
- Venerate the Crucifix
- Continue to leave your house bare in solemn observance of Jesus’s death
- Day to prepare for Easter celebrations · Clean, Cook, get decorations ready to go Easter Sunday!!
- Bring all the color and decorations back into the house! · Make an alter where you are watching mass and decorate it with candles and flowers
- Decorate your kitchen table/dining room table with a table cloth, candles! ·
- Fill your house with flowers! ·
- Have a special meal ·
- Dress up in your Easter best while watching Easter mass ·
- Make an ALLELUIA banner and hang for all to see ·
- Play and be JOYFUL for the LORD is risen and He has conquered the grave
Let’s be confident that God - who can write straight with crooked lines - will help bring good fruit from the new normal that we as individuals and families will experience in the weeks ahead. This is a lot of information, but I encourage you to read through it all.